Child protection is paramount
There are few things more precious than the innocence of a child. Most of the children RFK encounters have had their innocence threatened in one way or another. That's why we take our responsibility as carers and workers seriously.
- We work with a 1:2 ratio of workers to children
- All of our workers have been verified with a Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced certificate (DBS).
- Our camp will have two experienced Designated Safeguarding officers on site, who will deal with all safeguarding situations in accordance with our safeguarding policy.
- Each BIG (adult worker assigned to a camper) will receive pertinent and appropriate information from social services in advance about their camper. This will help prepare the BIGS for the unique medical, psychological, and relational needs their camper may have.
- A medical professional and professional camp child welfare officer will be on site 24/7.
- Many of our BIGS are experienced professionals in various areas of working with young people. Several of our volunteers are foster carers and many have professional qualifications such as education, health and social care, child care, youth work, and psychology.
- All RFK volunteers undergo mandatory annual training. Our workers are educated and trained in child safety, safeguarding, child interaction, and above all else…treating children ROYALLY!!