our mission statement
Every looked-after child, ages 7-11, experiences a life-changing camp.
To create life-changing moments for children who have been affected by abuse.
Mobilise the faith community to positively impact children affected by physical/emotional/sexual abuse and neglect.
Launch and sustain camps through local churches across the UK.
- Treat People Royally
- Keep Moving Forward
- Make Moments Matter
Statement of Faith
What are the church and faith requirements for Royal Family KIDS participation?
- Children - Children of all faiths or no faith are welcome at Royal Family KIDS Camps and Clubs.
- Volunteers - Volunteers are not required to be church members (of the sponsoring church) but for reasons of accountability, the lead volunteer Directors must be members of the sponsoring church and accountable to the sponsoring pastoral team and RFK Inc.
- Host Churches - Royal Family KIDS actively works with an ecumenical and multi-denominational camp and club sponsoring church network that varies widely in traditions or denomination but is unified in affirming standard Christian faith as outlined in the RFK Faith statement.
RFK FAITH STATEMENT:
We affirm faith in God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, the trustworthiness and authority of the Bible and the value and dignity of all people as well as our human alienation from God by sin and our need for salvation and grace through Christ.
The chief aim of RFK UK is not to convince, convert, recruit, or otherwise proselytise the campers. We believe that all who take part in our program should know the following:
- They are loved unconditionally. (I am convinced that nothing will separate us from the love of God, through Jesus Christ. - St. Paul)
- They are valued by God. (Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will
fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows. - Jesus)
- Children are priceless. (Let the children come; for the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these. - Jesus)
Basic lessons on goodness, helping others, forgiveness, wisdom, etc. are taught using stories from the Bible as examples (much like common RE curricula), and are on a voluntary opt-in basis.